MEMBRANE DISTILLATION STACK
The MD technology is based on vacuum multi effect membrane distillation, which is a highly efficient thermal process for thermal separations in a modular concept. These MD modules, called MD STACK consist of flat sheet membranes combined with an innovative plate and frame design made of PP.
- Treatment of highly saline process waters and recovery of valuables, recirculation and close to ZLD processing.
- Generation of highly purified water for pharmaceutical applications and power plant steam generation.
- Energy efficient low temperature concentration of sugar solutions.
- Desalination of sea water for drinking water or process water production
- Further concentration of brine to increase capacity of existing desalination plants
- Brackish water desalination of diffi cult ground waters
- High recovery rate desalination as bridge towards ZLD
- Marine applications
- Solar desalination
Oil & gas extraction
- Volume reduction of produced water in oil and gas
- Wastewater treatment from refinery processes
Industrial and mining
- Recovery of valuables from waste water e.g. pickling solutions
- Concentration of organic waste waters
- Chloric alkali waste waters
- Concentration of acid mine drainage close to ZLD
- VOC concentration (Ethanol concentration, Ammonia extraction)
Food and beverage
- Treatment of process water in the food and Beverage Industry
- Concentration and separation of olive oil mill waste water
- Separation of valuables from and concentration of whey
- Alcohol separation
- Distilled water for hydroponic agriculture
- Recovery of cooling water blow down
- Desalination for boiler feedwater
- Desalination for wet cooling tower feed water